EurActiv, the European Media Network present in 12 EU capitals, publishes free EU news and facilitates EU policy debates for policy professionals in 12 languages. With 2.8+ million page views and 660,524 ‘unique visitors’ per month, EurActiv is the leading online media on EU affairs.
EurActiv has an original business model, based on five elements (corporate sponsoring, EurActor membership, advertising, EU projects, and content syndication). It is well funded and the content usage is free.
The EurActiv web portal is firmly established as the favourite online platform for Brussels and national professionals in EU policies. It brings together journalistic independence with transparency and practical efficiency, complementing the existing EU media and institutional websites.
EurActiv enjoys extensive political, NGO and press support. It is at the heart of the 'Community of EU Actors'. This 'Community' includes several thousand European organisations and companies, many of which are currently using EurActiv's services.
EurActiv's coverage of EU affairs concentrates on policy positions by EU Actors trying to influence policies already in the pre-legislative phase, before a Commission proposal.
Jobs of the week
- Fleckenstein MEP: ‘Parliamentarians should be removed from EU-Russia sanctions lists’
- RBS, Credit Suisse recommend buying Greek debt
- Ignacio Molina: Catalan separatists will never gain EU support
- First malaria vaccine given green light by European regulators
- AFD founder: 'Schäuble’s Greece policy is pure marketing'