EUI - European University Institute
The European University Institute (EUI) was set up in 1972 by the six founding Member States of the European Communities to provide advanced academic training to doctoral researchers and to promote research at the highest level. It opened its doors to the first researchers in 1976.
It carries out research in a European perspective in Economics, Law, History and Civilization, and the Political and Social Sciences.
Its full-time teaching staff, fellows and researchers are recruited from all over Europe and beyond. The EUI welcomes researchers who wish to study for the Institute's doctorate (Ph.D. four years), or for the one-year Masters programme (LL.M.) in Law.
Jobs of the week
- Merkel hits diplomatic dead-end with Putin
- Netflix dismantles the telco-film industry foundation on which its House of Cards is built
- Russia's EU strategy is to isolate member states
- Stop Mediterranean becoming vast migrant cemetery, Pope tells Europe
- Reinventing growth in Europe: Time for business unusual