EDCTP - European and Developing Countries Clinical Trials Partnership
The European and Developing Countries Clinical Trials Partnership (EDCTP) was created in 2003 as a European response to the global health crisis caused by the three main poverty-related diseases of HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria. These three diseases account for over 6 million deaths each year, with greatest burden of disease in sub-Saharan Africa, where besides ravaging lives, they impede development and cause poverty.
Job of the week
- Coherent approach needed on visa liberalisation (Opinion)
- Hollande calls for EU ‘harmonisation’ on renewable energy (News)
- Ukraine courts Germany ahead of Vilnius summit (News)
- EU groups say new sanctions threaten aid work in North Korea (News)
- Lamy urges EU to forge closer trade ties with Africa (News)