Trainee / Internship - International Relations
- Location: Heidelberg, Germany
- Staff Category: Trainee Contract
- Duration: 6 months
- Grading: Up to 700 EUR
- Closing Date: 16 April 2017
- Reference Number: HD_01064
The European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL) is one of the highest ranked scientific research organisations in the world. The Headquarters Laboratory is located in Heidelberg (Germany), with additional sites in Grenoble (France), Hamburg (Germany), Hinxton (UK) and Monterotondo (Italy).
The International Relations Unit is responsible for relations with EMBL Member States and potential future Member States, the European International Research Organisations' Forum (EIROforum), EU relations, and EMBL partnerships. You will be reporting to Joint Heads of Government and EU Relations and will be responsible for providing support to the team in the following areas:
- organising external and internal meetings, preparing and distributing documents;
- preparing briefings and presentations;
- writing minutes and reports;
- assisting with EIROforum Chairmanship.
Qualifications and Experience
This is a training position suitable for a masters-level graduate looking to gain experience in international relations in the environment of an intergovernmental organisation. Writing and organisational skills, the willingness to pay attention to detail and the ability to deal with many people in a friendly and diplomatic manner are essential. Excellent written and spoken knowledge of English is required. Fluency in another language is desirable. Proficiency in Microsoft Office and use of internet is required. Teamwork, demonstrated interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with people in a multi - cultural environment are required.
This is a six month position with the possibility to extend for a further six months on mutual agreement. The position is based at EMBL’s site in Heidelberg, Germany. The position comes with a stipend up to a maximum of 700 EUR and accommodation is provided if needed. Our preferred starting date is June 2017.
Please apply online through www.embl.org/jobs.
EMBL is an inclusive, equal opportunity employer offering attractive conditions and benefits appropriate to an international research organisation. Please note that appointments on fixed term contracts can be renewed, depending on circumstances at the time of the review.
Job of the week
- Austria moves to formally ban Erdogan from campaigning on its soil
- Nord Stream 2 official: We see a lot of smokescreens thrown around
- Irish referendum could allow voting abroad, following 23 EU countries
- French farmers seek expert advice on going digital
- Recyclables must be collected separately for circular economy to succeed, says panel