Splunk Security Consultant
Job Title: Splunk Security Consultant (Ref: SplunkSC/03.2017)
UniSystems SA is a leading European ICT Solutions and Services provider founded in 1964 and operating internationally through its subsidiaries and offices in Athens, Brussels, Luxembourg, Istanbul and Bucharest. We boast a substantial and successful track record in the delivery of large-scale, mission-critical, innovative and reliable information systems and services for the Banking, Telco and Public Administration business sectors. We are positioned as a client oriented focused provider to the European marketplace, and considered as a lead supplier of ICT services to European Union Institutions, Agencies and International Organizations.
We currently have a vacancy for a Splunk Security Consultant to offer his/her services within the European Commission in Brussels.
Tasks & Responsibilities
Under the direction of the ICT Security Officer, the Security Consultant will perform Security Consultant tasks. In this sense, the profile will contribute developing the ICT security capabilities by actively logging security events from the network and infrastructure for intrusions. The tasks/activities will include:
- Definition of customer reference configurations based on customer product base
- Definition and planning of customer projects
- Support in resource planning
- Execution and delivery of projects
- Risk and problem analysis
- Provide a document framework with templates to ensure quality and a homogeneous approach concerning business documentation
- Involvement in ITIL strategy, design and/or continual service improvement phases
Skills & Experience
- Post-secondary education studies of minimum 3 years in computer science or related field certified by diploma or 3 years of experience in addition to the 6-year experience requirement below.
- Minimum 6 years relevant experience in projects within the scope of contract
- Knowledge and skills for a Security Consultant (with at least 6 years of professional IT experience in the domain). The candidate will be required to demonstrate that he/she has:
- Broad understanding of network security products and principles, including IPS, firewalls, DNS, and protocols;
- Technical experience working in a Windows client/server environment;
- Broad experience using Security Information and Event Management tools;
- Proven experience using Splunk including administration, customization, optimization and dashboards definition;
- Broad experience defining security uses cases (reporting, alerting and searching);
- Broad knowledge of the current cyber threat landscape;
- Proven experience identifying, collecting and parsing log information to respond and mitigate to advanced threats;
- Understanding of security issues facing enterprises including economic espionage and insider threats;
- Experience creating security standards, policies and procedures; and mentoring team members;
- Understanding of the Lockheed Martin Cyber Kill Chain and Intelligence Driven Response;
- Demonstrated experience in enterprise-level security incident handling;
- A very good knowledge of English. Working knowledge, written and spoken, of English required. Knowledge of French and/or German is a plus;
- Certification in a project management framework desirable;
- ITIL Certification desirable.
A competitive remuneration package based on qualifications and experience.
Candidates who meet the above requirements may forward an English version of their CV quoting the reference code: Ref: SplunkSC/03.2017 at: firstname.lastname@example.org All applications will be treated as confidential.
Job of the week
- Austria moves to formally ban Erdogan from campaigning on its soil
- Nord Stream 2 official: We see a lot of smokescreens thrown around
- Irish referendum could allow voting abroad, following 23 EU countries
- French farmers seek expert advice on going digital
- Recyclables must be collected separately for circular economy to succeed, says panel
28 Mar 2017
29 Mar 2017
05 Apr 2017
06 Apr 2017
06 Apr 2017