Project, administrative and service to members Intern
The FEDEC is currently looking for an experienced full-time project, administrative and service to members intern for 5 months (from 07 April until 31 August 2017). The internship can lead to a full-time contract from 01 September 2017.
In collaboration with and under the responsibility of the General coordinator and Project and Communication officer, your mission will be first to assist the FEDEC secretariat in its daily activities and strategic objectives through practical tasks: statutory and focus groups meetings, administrative assistance, assistance to communication and information tools, and services to members.
1. Administration - Network animation and association daily life
- Organisation and follow up of the statutory meetings: 4 Board Meetings, 2 General Assemblies a year
- Draft of agendas, invitations to meeting,
- Elaboration of the preparatory documents (Readers) for the Board and General Assembly meetings (layout and dissemination)
- Support with logistical organisation of the MB and GA in the framework of the FEDEC Encounters
- Follow up of attendance, management of proxies and contributions of members in-kind for each meeting
- Note-taking during different meetings (Managing Board and Assembly meetings, focus group meetings, meetings with students), minutes, coordination of proofreading and translation after approval by the project coordinator
- General administrative support for the association (post, archives, phone calls, edition, layout, sending the convocations for the GA, MB, preparation of files)
- Follow up of the statutes and legal obligations, declaration of future changes in statutes to the Moniteur belge – if changes
- Management of the Members’ Area – very occasional
- Financial management - membership fees invoices: preparing and sending invoices and thank you emails (in collaboration with the General Coordinator) – very occasional
2. Service to members and membership/support to the communication coordinator
- Management of the mailbox firstname.lastname@example.org
- Monitoring members’ communication tools, newsletters, websites, Facebook pages, in order to assist the communication officer and update the FEDEC website (especially pages such as Opportunities, calendar, etc
- Information on and for future FEDEC members/Follow up of membership (in collaboration with the Agreement Committee) - occasional
- Follow up /monitoring of FEDEC members: follow up of their activities and projects - occasional
- Organise monitoring interviews during the year with each member and the general coordinator in order to contribute to the global observation of the evolutions, recognitions, and structuration of the sector of circus arts education
- Monitor European and national policies linked to the art education and training, on circus, culture, on funds and programmes, in order to contribute to the positions of the FEDEC and to info notes on EU programmes for members - occasional
3. Assistant to management of flagship projects
- Assistance to the coordination of focus groups nb.3-4-5: agendas of meetings, minutes of meetings, coordination of proofreading, validation and translation, consultation, mobilisation and implementation of the related projects.
- Assistance to the coordination of MIROIR03: technical coordination of the online survey for graduates (online survey, translation of online questionnaires, replies’ follow-up and reminders, etc)
- Assistance to the coordination of publication and communication for FEDEC’s 20th anniversary: identify resources and inspirations of the other sectors of performing arts, organisation of interviews for portraits, retranscription, validation, planning for release
- Occasional Assistance to project coordinators: minutes of meeting, publications proofread, translations coordination, layout, etc.
4. Assistance for the triennial grant application
- Redaction of the FEDEC annual report in coordination with the general coordinator and the communication and project coordinator
- Participation in the proofreading process and the layout of the working programme
- Assistance to the drafting of the triennial application grant 2018-2020 of the association
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE
- Master or specialised Bachelor and professional experience
- Knowledge and experience in the management of associations (organisational and statutory issues) and experience of working in a small team
- Proven experience in project management and reporting in European projects, preferably acquired within European networks specialised in vocational and higher education, performing arts or in youth.
- Experience of DG EAC’s programmes would be an asset
- Perfect command of French and English (oral and written)
- Very good command of communication tools (Office-Excel, Word, Power Point; Adobe Creative Suite – a plus)
SOFT SKILLS IN THE WORKPLACE / QUALIFICATIONS
- Ability to work independently within a small team and with a remote Managing Board, ability to work collectively
- Having a positive attitude towards projects ("can do" attitude), able to cope well with stress and having a sense of humour
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills: direct, knowing how to clearly communicate his/her difficulties and pro-active in solving them
- Interest in arts education and creativity in the framework of a European network, and interpersonal skills necessary to the work in a multinational context
- Methodical, good organisational, prioritizing and planning skills, multitasking, and great rigor and respect of deadlines
- Fast learner, analytical and writing capacities: ability to assimilate, classify and disseminate information on different subjects and for different audiences/target groups
Internship period: 07 April until 31 August 2017 - 5 months, full-time (38h/week)
Salary: The internship via a Convention d’immersion professionnelle 1000€ netto/month, transport included.
NB If the candidate is selected for a fixed-term contract, the contract will follow the internship starting on 01 September 2017
- Closing date for applications: Wednesday 29 March - 18:00 (Brussels time).
- Selected applications: selection results to be communicated on Friday 31 March 2017
- Interviews: Tuesday 04 April 2017 in the FEDEC offices in Brussels
- Start of the internship: Friday 07 April 2017
Please send your application (4 attached files: Cover letter and CV both in French AND in English) to Mr Donald Lehn, President and Danijela Jovic, General Coordinator to email@example.com with the subject: Stagiaire en coordination de projets, administration et service aux membres à la FEDEC (H/F).
Job of the week
- Austria moves to formally ban Erdogan from campaigning on its soil
- Nord Stream 2 official: We see a lot of smokescreens thrown around
- Irish referendum could allow voting abroad, following 23 EU countries
- French farmers seek expert advice on going digital
- Recyclables must be collected separately for circular economy to succeed, says panel