EurActiv is the leading EU policy media present in 12 EU capitals, publishes free EU news and facilitates EU policy debates for policy professionals in 12 languages. With 2.3 million page views and 783.986 unique visitors per month, EurActiv is the leading online media on EU affairs. The media gathers approx. 100 people including franchise partners and has four main sources of income: Sponsorship, Communication Package Memberships, Advertising and Public contracts.
To strengthen our editorial team we are currently recruiting a Political Correspondent
EURACTIV is looking for an experienced political correspondent who can deliver in tight deadlines readable news stories and in-depth articles; a professional who is able to engage sophisticated readers and communities using social media and new innovative online and video tools. The correspondent should be confident in linking with top level politicians and moderate high-level conferences. A team player, the journalist must be willing to change beats and jump on news trends.
- Write breaking news stories, interviews, as well as in-depth and background articles for a specialised audience
- Write in-depth policy briefings and special reports to deadline
- Conduct interviews with high-level officials, including EU Commissioners, MEPs, business leaders and policy experts
- Identify topics for interactive debates
- Contribute to meet EurActiv’s editorial mission and commitment to balanced reporting and stakeholder orientation.
- At least five years of experience in journalism and/or EU affairs
- University degree in journalism and/or EU politics and policies
- Strong English-language writing skills with journalistic portfolio
- Deep knowledge of EU policies, with recent Brussels experience
- Ability to deliver accurate stories in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to think quickly to provide insights and perspective on reports coming from a wide variety of sources, including the European Union institutions, business associations and civil society;
- Hard-working, able to respect tight deadlines, entrepreneurial, team-player
- Online publishing, mobile publishing, social media, and information management experience.
- Excellent English, knowledge of French and/or German
- Interested in working as an independent contractor
Please send your CV and a short cover letter by no later than 26 April 2017 to Minna-Marie Rosti, HR Manager, EurActiv Brussels, Berlin, Paris, London on firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates should be available to start latest in May/June 2017.
For informal enquiries, please contact, in confidence:
Daniela Vincenti, Editor-in-Chief: +32 (0) 2 788 36 69