The ENRD Contact Point wishes to recruit a full time policy analyst to support a range of activities concerned with improving the implementation of the Rural Development Programmes.
The tasks include:
- Contributing and playing a major role in CP activities related to Knowledge Development (RDP Analysis, Thematic Groups and Good Practices) and the CP Priority for Improving RDP implementation. This is expected to involve, among other things:
- General analysis and monitoring of RDP implementation and policy development
- The identification and analysis of cases and good practices relevant to RDP implementation
- The design of workshops and events to support organisations involved in specific areas of RDP implementation and policy (Managing Authorities, Paying Agencies, Auditors, other EC Desk Officers, other EU institutions, EU farming, environmental and rural development organisations) and the production of relevant outputs.
- The identification and briefing of speakers who can present good practices and/or present relevant themes at ENRD events.
- Drafting good practices, briefings, reports and so on.
- Contributing and playing a role, where necessary, in other Contact Point Tasks
- Forming an integral part of the CP team, contributing to team discussions and communicating fluidly with other team members.
Applicants should be able to demonstrate the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- A good first degree and/or postgraduate qualification in a subject relevant to agricultural and rural development.
- At least five years' work experience in fields related to agricultural, rural, local or regional development is desirable.
- A high level of knowledge and direct experience of the delivery and implementation of rural development programmes is essential
- Knowledge of the Commission and how it functions.
- Knowledge and experience of networking in a rural development context
- The ability to carry out back ground research and write this up in a clear and accessible way for a non-academic public in English
- Experience of organising workshops and events.
- Good interpersonal communication skills, self-motivation, adaptability and an ability (and willingness) to work as part of a team.
- Excellent English (CEFR Proficient User C1) and good language skills in at least one other European language (CEFR independent user B2 - preferably German or French)
Please send your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday 29/03/2017 COB.
Job of the week
- Austria moves to formally ban Erdogan from campaigning on its soil
- Nord Stream 2 official: We see a lot of smokescreens thrown around
- Irish referendum could allow voting abroad, following 23 EU countries
- French farmers seek expert advice on going digital
- Recyclables must be collected separately for circular economy to succeed, says panel