Cefic, the European Chemical Industry Council, is both the forum and voice of the European chemical industry. It aims to maintain and develop a prosperous chemical industry in Europe by promoting the best possible economic, social and environmental conditions to bring benefits to society.
Cefic is located in Brussels (Auderghem) and employs more than 160 people.
The department Specialty Chemicals is looking for a new (m/f) sector group manager.
- Develop, agree on with the member companies and implement a strategy to deal with the issues (regulatory, scientific or other) the industry will face and establish action plans
- Translate the approved strategy into specific objectives, priorities, budgets and possible issues to be managed
- Permanently monitor and analyse evolving EU policies and legislation and their possible impact on the industry; identify issues, propose actions and drive the formulation of shared position statements
- Ensure efficient advocacy of the industry positions to EU and national governmental bodies and agencies
- Establish, maintain, extend and use a network of relationships and alliances with various governmental and industry stakeholders (including downstream user industries) in order to enhance the Sector Groups’ ability to convey the agreed industry’s positions
- Provide technical and scientific advice and secure the level of expertise required to achieve the objectives
- Lead the activities of several sub-committees and working groups
- University degree in chemistry, chemical engineering, or a related domain
- Good knowledge of the biocide products, REACH and/or feed related regulatory framework
- At least 5 years’ experience working at international level on scientific issue management, preferably in the chemical industry or industrial association
- Strong advocacy skills and experience with EU regulatory framework
- Strong communication skills: ability to speak clearly and concisely in front of a group; ability to deliver well-organised and convincing presentations and ability to adapt style and language to audience; proven spokesperson with enthusiasm, passion and the ability to convince
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to negotiate and solve conflicts; excellent project management skills
- Bilingual or full professional proficiency in English and at least one other European language; additional languages are a definite asset
- Willingness to travel around 20% of the time
Are you interested?
Please send your application with full curriculum vitae before 31st March 2017 to: Cefic, Gert Roelandt, Human Resources Manager, Avenue E. Van Nieuwenhuyse 4, B-1160 Brussels
Job of the week
- Austria moves to formally ban Erdogan from campaigning on its soil
- Nord Stream 2 official: We see a lot of smokescreens thrown around
- Irish referendum could allow voting abroad, following 23 EU countries
- French farmers seek expert advice on going digital
- Recyclables must be collected separately for circular economy to succeed, says panel