The EIB, the European Union's bank is seeking to recruit for its Secretariat General (SG) - Advisory Services- JASPERS Department (JASPERS) – Roads Division at its headquarters in Luxembourg, a:
Appointments will be made on a basis of a fixed term contract of 3 years with the possibility of prolongation
JASPERS (Joint Assistance to Support Projects in European Regions) is a tri-lateral partnership between the European Commission (Directorate-General for Regional and Urban Policy), the EBRD and the EIB, with the aim of helping EU and Acceding Countries achieve better access to EU Grant Financing under the Cohesion and Structural Funds, with particular emphasis on providing technical assistance in the preparation of eligible infrastructure projects. In the context of the Multiannual Financial Framework (MFF) 2014-2020, a high expected workload in the roads transport sector, and with expansion in the scope of eligible countries and mandates, including the Connecting Europe Facility and the Instrument for Pre Accession II, JASPERS is seeking to identify suitable candidates for the present position and future vacancies.
To assist, within a multidisciplinary team and in close cooperation with the European Commission Directorate-General for Regional and Urban Policy, partner IFIs, and the JASPERS Managers, in the areas described under Accountabilities.
To share his/her own knowledge and experience in the analysis and preparation of projects with other members of the team in order to enlarge the knowledge and competencies of the team
This vacancy is for junior economists, with basic experience in the economic and financial analysis of projects, capable of working on specific tasks assigned within the multi-disciplinary team under the supervision of the team leader.
The post is located in JASPERS Headquarters, with frequent trips to its regional offices (Brussels, Bucharest, Vienna, Warsaw), and its countries of operations. Successful applicants will be appointed to work as part of a team of economists, engineers, planners and environmental specialists in the Roads division of JASPERS. They will report to the Head of Division and will be responsible for a portfolio of projects in JASPERS countries of operations or horizontal actions at division level. They will work closely with Managing Authorities and project promoters in their countries of responsibility on assignments attributed by the HoD.
- Advising on and assessing, at an early stage, the quality of potential projects and activities for inclusion into the Country Action Plans, including evaluating in detail the technical, economic, and financial viability of projects
- Managing and executing technical assignments for project preparation support and technical assistance to JASPERS’ promoters on eligible projects within the Action Plan, in particular ensuring economic soundness and consistency with policies and strategies
- Provide technical inputs and analyses for the assessment of roads projects submitted for EC cofinancing, including from CF, ERDF, CEF and IPA funds
The successful applicant(s) would be responsible for a broad range of support including:
- Advise on the conceptual development and structuring of projects
- Advise on the specific aspects of projects such as transport planning, economic and financial analysis, procurement planning, technical assessment, according to the national and EC requirements, particularly as regards CBA, for projects to be funded with EU funds
- Review feasibility studies, technical designs, tender documents etc., for the part of own competence
- Assess conformity with EU policy and regulations
- Assist in the review, preparation or completion of applications for funding under ESIF, CEF and IPA
- Develop, through the implementation of model projects, the dissemination of international best practice, and the skills needed to take advantage of EU-grants
- Address horizontal or thematic issues which are limiting fund absorption across a number of sectors or countries, where these are defined in the JASPERS Action Plan
- Effectively disseminate experience and expertise in the preparation of projects with team members to enhance in-house knowledge and competencies
- As appropriate, prepare terms of reference or task descriptions for consultants under framework contracts for additional inputs in specialist areas
- Advise on funding and financing mechanisms for the delivery of transport investment including the use of financial instruments and PPP
- Conduct economic and sector work such as the identification and analysis of roads sector development trends, economic analysis for regional sector studies and TAs, etc.
- Relevant University degree in economics, transport planning, engineering or other studies related to economic and financial aspects of transport projects
- Minimum 3 years' of relevant professional experience in economic/financial or statistical analysis of activities, projects or plans
- Experience with infrastructure projects, regional and transport planning, PPP would be an advantage
- Practical knowledge of the implementation of EU regulations and working within the EU institutional framework, would be beneficial
- A multi-disciplinary training and experience in multi-sector coordination, in the operation of public or private organisations are considered beneficial
- Knowledge of standard IT tools
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English. Knowledge of one or more languages of the countries where JASPERS operates would be an advantage.
- Achievement Drive: continually keeps an eye on performance, focusing on improving it, showing drive and determination to meet short and long-term goals.
- Change Orientation: Adapts to differences and changes in the environment; takes a flexible approach to reach outcomes.
- Collaboration: Works cooperatively as part of a team; works collaboratively with peers across organisational boundaries based on a genuine interest in and an accurate understanding of others and their individual perspectives and concerns.
- Organisational Commitment: Is willing to commit to an organisation whose mission is to support Europe and is open to diversity, and to align her/his own behaviour with the organisation’s needs and intrinsic values, acting with integrity in ways that promote the organisation’s mission, policies and rules.
For more details and to apply, please click here!
Deadline for applications: 17th May 2017
We believe that Diversity is good for our people and our business. We promote and value diversity and inclusion among our staff and candidates; irrespective of their gender, age, nationality, race, culture, education and experience, religious beliefs, sexual orientation or disability
Keywords: Job, Luxembourg, Fulltime, Finance, Analyst.