Junior Application Specialist
Job Title: Junior Application Specialist (App V) (Ref: UNI-SD)
UniSystems SA is a leading European ICT Solutions and Services provider founded in 1964 and operating internationally through its subsidiar ies and offices in Athens, Brussels, Luxembourg and Bucharest. We boast a substantial and successful track record in the delivery of large-scale, mission-critical, innovative and reliable information systems and services for the Banking, Telco and Public Administration business sectors. We are positioned as a client oriented focused provider to the European marketplace, and considered as a lead supplier of ICT services to European Union Institutions, Agencies and International Organizations.
We currently have a vacancy for a Junior Application Specialist (App V) to offer his/her services within a European Institution in Luxembourg.
Tasks & Responsibilities
Application packages have to be developed and maintained. The production of the packages is based on a procedure that follows these steps:
- gathering required information from the development teams, the product responsible person or the
- product vendor (installation prerequisites, how to install and customise …)
- analysis of the application installation and configuration,
- development of the application package (App-V),
- technical and integration testing on the supported platforms,
- move to a pre-production environment,
- organisation and follow-up of functional tests with key users and product management,
- documentation of the application package,
- delivery of the accepted application package to production.
Skills & Experience
- Post-secondary-school Training in IT institute (3-year program) certified by a Bachelor's diploma
- Minimum 4 years of relevant professional experience
- Proven experience in the abovementioned tasks is essential
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Application Virtualization (App-V) and related tools,
- Very good knowledge of Microsoft installation technologies (MSI) and related tools (e.g. InstallShield),
- Excellent knowledge of the Microsoft Windows operating systems family (Windows 7, Windows 8.x, Windows 10, Windows Server 2008 R2 and 2012 R2).
- Good knowledge of the Microsoft Office products family (Office 2010, 2013, 2016 and 365), of Internet Explorer (preferably version IE11), and of managing application parameters using policies (local policies, GPOs).
- Good knowledge of FireFox and Chrome browser configuration (roadmap, settings, security, corporate configurations)
- Expertise in software production and management and in software documentation and reporting.
- Familiarity with software distribution tools (e.g. LANDesk).
- Knowledge of the SharePoint platform (which is the foundation of the Reference Configuration team’s Change Management system) is considered an asset.
- Ability to participate in multi-lingual meetings (English and French spoken), ease of communication in technical matters.
- Capability of working in an international/multi-cultural environment, rapid self-starting skills and experience in team working, understanding the needs, objectives and constraints of those in other disciplines and functions.
- Certification of ITIL for service delivery and service support is considered an asset.
- English and/or French (spoken fluently), technical writing skills in English and/or French.
A competitive remuneration package based on qualifications and experience.
Candidates who meet the above requirements may forward an English version of their CV quoting the reference code: Ref: UNI-SD at: firstname.lastname@example.org All applications will be treated as confidential.
Job of the week
- Austria moves to formally ban Erdogan from campaigning on its soil
- Nord Stream 2 official: We see a lot of smokescreens thrown around
- Irish referendum could allow voting abroad, following 23 EU countries
- French farmers seek expert advice on going digital
- Recyclables must be collected separately for circular economy to succeed, says panel
28 Mar 2017
29 Mar 2017
05 Apr 2017
06 Apr 2017
06 Apr 2017