Future Classroom Lab Trainee
European Schoolnet is searching for an enthusiastic trainee interested in education and ICT to join its Future Classroom Lab Team for six months, starting as soon as possible.
Created by European Schoolnet, the Future Classroom Lab (FCL) is an inspirational learning environment in Brussels, challenging visitors to rethink the role of pedagogy, technology and design in their classrooms.
The candidate will gain an insight into the work of an international not-for-profit organisation in education; communication and cooperation with different kind of stakeholders (teachers, school leaders, policymakers, industry partners, etc.); the opportunities and challenges of using ICT in education; and how to run a ‘learning lab’ facility.
Profile and skills:
- An interest in education and ICT as a way to improve the quality to teaching and learning in European schools.
- At least a Bachelor degree in a relevant field (e.g. education, communications, media, technology)
- Fluent written and spoken English; additional languages would be an asset.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with multimedia (photograph, video)
- Excellent level of computer literacy (Microsoft Office) and willingness to learn by doing.
- Good organisational skills, flexibility and ability to adopt new things.
- A team player with strong interpersonal and intercultural skills to succeed in an international environment.
- Hands-on with education technology at the Future Classroom Lab: help to keep the educational technology equipment updated and integrated in the lab’s activities; suggest new ways of using the technology and demonstrating it to the visitors; give support to activities taking places in the FCL (e.g. teacher training workshops).
- Support communication activities, for example by taking pictures, making short videos, drafting articles, etc.
- Support the lab’s business and network development, for example by keeping track of the industry partners’ membership status; liaising with partners and following up on their requests; keeping touch with other learning labs to receive their updates.
- Traineeship duration: 6 months (starting as soon as possible)
- Compensation: a stipend of 1000 €/month net will be allocated for the duration of the traineeship
- Deadline for applications: until the position is filled, please apply quickly!
- How to apply: Please apply by email to [ email@example.com ] with the subject “FCL internship”, enclosing your CV and cover letter in English. Please note: the motivation letter should show how your background or interests fit the tasks planned for this internship.
- We will send a response only to the short listed candidates.
- The interviews will be done in Brussels or at distance as soon as possible.
About European Schoolnet:
European Schoolnet (www.eun.org) is the network of 30 European Ministries of Education, based in Brussels. As a not-for-profit organisation, we aim to bring innovation in teaching and learning to our key stakeholders: Ministries of Education, schools, teachers, researchers, and industry partners. Since its founding in 1997, European Schoolnet has used its links with education ministries to help schools make effective use of educational technologies, equipping both teachers and pupils with the skills to achieve in the knowledge society.