EU Liaison Manager
Title: EU Liaison manager
Department: Innovation @ technology transfer EU Programs
Goals and Key Responsibilities
Goal: To foster the participation of Universities and Galician companies in European R&D and Innovation projects.
(To find new cooperation opportunities for FEUGA, Universities and companies, in particular for European Union collaborative research and innovation projects, such as Horizon 2020, Interreg SUDOE, Erasmus+, etc.).
- Liaising with companies and EU institutions on behalf of R&D teams from Galician universities, looking for new cooperation opportunities at international level.
- Participating in internal and external activities on behalf of the Foundation to raise awareness and the profile of R&D conducted by Galician universities. This will include a wide range of events, seminars, conferences, etc taking place both in Spain and other European countries in order to find new cooperation opportunities for FEUGA, Galician Universities and companies.
- Definition and promotion (business case, call alignment, lobby, communication with partners, follow-ups, etc) of R&D and Innovation projects.
- Liaising with R&D teams and EU project managers to acquire detailed knowledge of their activities and potential.
- Active involvement in FEUGA Horizon 2020 strategy definition, giving support to the Department Head of Unit.
- Risk Management and anticipation of Bottlenecks. Analysing alternatives and proposing solutions, in coordination with the Department Head of Unit and the work team.
- Bachelor’s degree with MA in International Relations or similar (demonstrable). Technical degree, PhD and / or research experience in University and / or business environments would be an asset. MBA or similar would be an asset.
- Knowledge of the European Research Area and EU R & D policies. Relevant experience in European institutions and institutional relations at regional / national level (Galicia / Spain) would be an asset.
- Must be fluently bilingual in Spanish and English. Good knowledge of Galician and French would be an asset, as well as other languages (German...).
- Working experience in multi-cultural, multi-lingual and multi-disciplinary environments.
- Managing R&D and Innovation within Europe (experience in EU-funded projects is particularly relevant).
- Managing Innovation.
- Managing Technology Transfer.
- Experience raising public and private funding for technological projects.
- Ability to work both independently and as a team, in a complex international environment.
- Self-starter, diplomatic and commercial skills.
- Capability of working in an international/multicultural environment.
- Ability to work under extreme deadline pressure and to manage multiple priorities and topics.
- Willingness to live and work in Brussels. Willing to travel.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, be able to communicate and work with both business people and academics.
- To be result-oriented.
- Minimum 5 year working experience in the EU Framework Programmes and other EU funding programmes (Interreg, etc.). Previous participation in funded proposals and previous contacts established within the EC in this area (Project and Policy Officers, etc.) would be an asset.
How to apply:
Interested? Please send your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com with “EU liaison manager – application” in the subject line
Deadline to apply: March 31
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The Fundación Empresa-Universidad Gallega (FEUGA) is a non-profit and private law, specializing in the transfer of knowledge, innovation and technology from the University System of Galicia to the business world and society in general.
Its mission is to bring competition, skill, experience, talent and scientific and technical knowledge generated by university groups to market research, promoting entrepreneurship in college and dynamism in the productive sector. And it makes its through ongoing dialogue, conducting a work of interpretation which reconciles the language of science and business, and consistent times, adapting the short-term interests of companies to prolonged research work.
FEUGA enhances the work of the researchers leading the leap of knowledge to the practical application of visible and shared basis.