EU Financial Reporting and Programme Support Officer
Vacancy Notice 2017 – 10
Open to Internal and External Candidates
- Position Title : EU Financial Reporting and Programme Support Officer
- Duty Station : RO Brussels, Belgium
- Classification : National Officer Staff, Grade NO-A
- Type of Appointment : Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension
- Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
- Closing Date : 12th May 2017, 6:00PM
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Under the overall guidance of the Senior Regional Resource Management Officer (SRRMO) and the direct supervision of the EU Compliance Officer (Finance, Contracts, Audit), the successful candidate will work in the EU Financial Liaison and Regional Resource Management Division to provide technical support to the Regional Office in Brussels as well as other IOM Offices in ensuring compliance with EU procedural requirements in the financial development, management and compliance with contractual provisions, with a particular focus on actions funded by the EU Trust Fund for Africa (EUTF).
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. In coordination with and the support of the EU Compliance Officer (Finance, Contracts, Audit), provide technical assistance and guidance to relevant IOM offices relevant to the EUTF on financial, contractual and audit matters to ensure adherence with EU financial reporting requirements during both project development and project implementation.
2. Review project documents, budgets and financial reports for projects funded under the EUTF in coordination with the involved Country Offices, Regional Offices and IOM central services, as applicable.
3. On actions funded by the EUTF, ensure the compliance check of all budgets and financial reports to be submitted to the donor.
4. Provide internal review of sample expenses , including data monitoring, costs verification and analyses and guide missions to consistently apply EC’s and IOM’s financial and administrative rules and procedures .
5. Support the EU Compliance Officer (Finance, Contracts, Audit) in the EU liaison function on contractual and financial aspects relevant to the EUTF.
6. In coordination with the EU Compliance Officer (Finance, Contracts, Audit) provide guidance throughout verification exercises and act as primary focal point for audit/verification matters for IOM missions relevant to the EUTF.
7. Monitor the implementation of contractual obligations towards the EC regarding the EUTF funded projects and take appropriate steps, in coordination with relevant units, to ensure that regular and timely reporting is observed.
8. Monitor budget versus actual financial data in relation to EUTF funded projects and alert relevant missions on unusual trends observed for possible early corrective actions
9. Provide trainings to financial and administrative staff in IOM missions relevant for the EUTF in financial management of EU funded projects.
10. Undertake duty travel for monitoring missions as and when required.
11. Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s degree Finance, Accounting, in Business Administration, or a related field from an accredited institution with two years of relevant professional experience;
- Bachelor degree in the above fields with minimum 4 years of relevant professional experience in the above-mentioned fields.
Professional certification as Chartered Accountant or Certified Public Accountant is an advantage
- Minimum 2 years of relevant proven working experience in business administration, accounting, financial reporting and budget tracking;
- Experience with EU funding instruments and contractual aspects, financial management and reporting is a requirement;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and French, including the ability to identify and express clearly key messages, adapting style to the intended audience;
- High level of computer literacy, in particular in Excel and computerized accounting systems. Knowledge of SAP is an advantage;
- Familiarity with International Accounting Standards (IAS) is an asset;
- Ability to review a variety of data, identify and adjust data discrepancies.
Fluency in English and French is required.
- Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms
- Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders
- Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others
- Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
- Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services
- Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others.
- Planning and Organizing - plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
- Professionalism - displays mastery of subject matter
- Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
- Technological Awareness - displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
- Resource Mobilization - works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
This post is subject to local recruitment. Only persons holding a valid residence and work permit for Belgium will be eligible for consideration.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications – Personal History Form and Cover Letter to ROBrusselsRecruitment@iom.int by 12th May 2017, 6:00PM at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
To download Personal History Form please refer to:
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
From 30.03.2017 until 12th May 2017, 6:00PM
Job of the week
- Europe’s car industry appeals for tariff-free trade deal ahead of Brexit summit
- The Brief: French election descends into tyre fires and dolphins
- Syrian refugee in Romania: ISIS banned chemistry and biology
- Austria won’t increase contribution to EU budget after Brexit
- MPs accuse UK government of having ‘no clear’ SDG implementation plan