Director of European Investor Outreach
30 Apr 2017
Director of European Investor Outreach - Job Description
EPRA represents the publicly traded real estate sector in Europe, based in Brussels. EPRA’s members are Europe’s leading property companies, investors and consultants that together own and manage more than EUR 365 billion of real estate assets. With more than 220 members, EPRA is the voice of the European listed real estate sector. We work to encourage greater investment in listed real estate companies in Europe through the provision of better information to investors and stakeholders, active involvement in the public and political debate, improvement of the general operating environment, promotion of best practices and the cohesion and strengthening of the industry.
We are looking to strengthen our Investor Outreach (IO) team by hiring an energetic and creative self-starter to head the European IO department.
Director of European Investor Outreach:
- Head up the existing UK and Continental IO team.
- Align EPRA’s IO strategy and message across the company and all markets.
- Lead all EPRA IO initiative in Europe including:
- Representing the listed real estate sector and engaging with investors and in particular institutional investors.
- Advocating the merit of the sector by adopting a Research backed case for investment allocation to listed European companies and REITs.
- Promoting member company’s Investor Relations (IR) messages via EPRA established events.
- Organising and attending private wealth management events across Europe.
- Building on the IO teams work in meeting with and enhancing the relationship with European investors to achieve the team’s targets.
- Building relationship with index and member property company’s investor teams and leading EPRA’s membership relationship to attract new and retain existing EPRA members.
- Attending and speaking at IO related conferences.
- Maintaining IR relationships with EPRA’s global peer organisations.
- Head EPRA’s IR Committee and manage all stakeholders.
- Collaborate with the Director of Research and Indices to promote EPRA’s research within the Investor community
- Work with the Director of Finance in the promotion and communication of EPRA’s Best Practices Recommendations initiatives to the investor community.
- Monitor investor relevant regulation in relation to the EU and national parliaments together with the public affairs and finance teams (such as MiFID II, Solvency II, ESMA etc.)
Desired Skills & Requirements
- Finance or economics degree preferred, MBA an advantage.
- At least 10 years of experience in the real estate sector, preferably in a sell-sideanalyst role in an investment bank, investor relations role in a property company or a fund manager background.
- 5-10 years of Senior management experience, managing teams in an international and fast paced environment.
- Understanding and evidence of working with real estate investors – in the listed sector advantageous.
- Strong numerical and analytical skills.
- Team player, showing the ability to support other team members and other areasof the business.
- Results driven self-starter, able to manage several projects in a fast-paced dynamicfinance environment.
- Solid networking skills and ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills with the ability tointeract with senior industry executives.
- Excellent Excel & PowerPoint skills and some knowledge of databases would beadvantageous.
- Fluency in English; knowledge of other languages is an asset.
- Based within commuting distance of Brussels - or able to relocate - withinternational travel.
- Industry competitive based on experience.
Job of the week
- Europe’s car industry appeals for tariff-free trade deal ahead of Brexit summit
- The Brief: French election descends into tyre fires and dolphins
- Syrian refugee in Romania: ISIS banned chemistry and biology
- Austria won’t increase contribution to EU budget after Brexit
- MPs accuse UK government of having ‘no clear’ SDG implementation plan
02 May 2017
03 May 2017
03 May 2017
04 May 2017
08 May 2017
09 May 2017
10 May 2017
11 May 2017