Corporate Communications Manager – Social Media and Online
- Job Title: Corporate Communications Manager – Social Media and Online
- Reports to: Director – Marketing and Communications
- Contract: Open-ended
- Location: Berlin / Brussels / London / Utrecht
- Salary: Competitive
- Start Date: ASAP
- Apply by: 26 March 2017
Climate-KIC is the EU’s largest public private partnership addressing climate change through innovation to build a zero carbon economy.
We address climate change across four priority themes: urban areas, land use, production systems, and climate finance. Education is at the heart of these themes to inspire and empower the next generation of climate leaders.
We run programmes for students, start-ups and innovators across Europe via centres in major cities, convening a community of the best people and organisations. Our approach starts with improving the way people live in cities. Our focus on industry creates the products required for a better living environment, and we look to optimise land use to produce the food people need.
Climate-KIC is supported by the European Institute of Innovation and Technology (EIT), a body of the European Union.
Purpose of the Role
As Corporate Communications Manager for Social Media and Online Communities you will be responsible for growing, developing and implementing social media marketing strategies across the Climate-KIC platforms. You will manage our main social media platforms including, but not limited to, LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook.
You will use the Climate-KIC social media platforms to support the organisation’s marketing campaigns, increase/monitor our profile and reputation, and manage community engagement. We aim to develop Climate KIC into a dynamic “Platform of Platforms” and a trusted facilitator of transformative innovation, making connections no one else is a position to make between academia, research and government to address climate change and accelerate the transition to a zero carbon economy. Initiating and running communities online, using innovative technical platforms to drive interaction between the different actors and fostering innovation through innovative formats (such as Hackathons) will be a vital part of the role.
You will also perform a Communications Partner function for one of our four thematic pillars and serve as the central point of contact for their communications needs. Crowdfunding as a potential future revenue source for the organization and our partner based projects could become an additional assignment.
Social Media and Communities Building
- Build and implement a social media strategy to align with Climate-KIC’s business goals through competitive research, platform determination, messaging and audience identification
- Oversee all corporate social media account management:
- Find and develop engaging, creative, innovative content for regularly scheduled posts
- Manage community engagement (communicate with followers, respond to queries in a timely manner and monitor any audience feedback through social media)
- Oversee social media accounts’ design and branding (cover photos, sharable images, etc.)
- Collaborate with other teams, including the four Climate KIC Themes, to find and share appropriate content
- Develop well designed, social media adaptable content (infographics, etc.)
- Coordinate social media messaging to align with Climate-KIC programmes/campaigns throughout the year
- Develop, implement and monitor social media campaigns and calls-to-action that support these (program sign ups, lead generation, website traffic, etc.)
- Increase internal engagement with our social media accounts through a new staff ambassador programme
- Develop benchmark metrics to measure the results of social media performance
- Regularly analyse and report on social media performance
- Stay up-to-date with current technologies and trends in social media and online platforms
- Develop, implement and run online engagement platforms with partners and larger audiences to drive interaction between the different actors of the Innovation Triangle and foster innovation though continued dialogue and exchange
- Organise online events such as Google hangouts, Twitter chats, Hackathons, etc. to increase engagements
- Identify major opinion builders/influencers online and build relationships with them through social media channels
- Manage potential reputation crises on social media
- Support Digital Projects Manager with website development:
- Stand in to support the maintenance of the website in the absence of the Digital Projects Manager
- Support and advise on the development of the corporate website where necessary and build strong links between social media and website
Project-manage and support selected major events and campaigns
- Develop overall concepts for major Climate-KIC events (i.e. Climate LaunchPad, Climathon) incl. agenda, speakers, target groups, partners, integrated communication plans, etc.
- Project-manage or support selected events, oversee creative and event agencies, coordinate internal and external partners
- Build a crowdfunding campaign to raise external funds for Climate KIC and/or specific projects run together with partners
Communications Partner for one of our Themes
- Central point of contact for one of the CKIC Themes, together with a communications colleague in a region
- Act as first point of contact for all comms needs and requirements of the Theme
- Develop comms strategy and messaging for Theme
- Identify content and thought leadership opportunities in Theme projects
Key Working Relationships
- Director of Marketing and Communications
- Climate KIC CEO
- Geography, Theme, Education and Programmes Directors
- Corporate and European communications colleagues, in particular website manager, content marketing manager, partnership communication manager
- Communications Officers and subject matter experts of Partner Organizations
- Universities, research partners
- Event partners and participants
- External creative suppliers and agencies
You have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in social media and online platform management. Interest in climate innovation, adaptation and mitigation is a must, professional experience working on those topics a plus.
You will have an excellent understanding of all the main social media channels and online collaboration platforms. You know how to schedule content for maximum impact, based on analytics. You should have excellent marketing skills and have the ability to implement an online marketing campaign across multiple channels and use analytics to optimise for impact. Experience in crowdfunding is desirable.
You have an excellent command of English, orally and in writing. You will have excellent skills in WordPress and have basic Photoshop skills (e.g. cropping images) as well as a basic understanding and ability to use HTML.
You will be an excellent team worker with the communications confidence to support staff of different nationalities and digital-skills levels across Europe. You are a dynamic and creative individual and are able to work to set deadlines.
Climate-KIC values diversity and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of age, gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or ethnic background.
Your application should consist of a full curriculum vitae and a covering letter describing briefly how your profile, skills and experience meet the criteria outlined in the person specification, and outlining your interest in and vision for the role.
Please send your full application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job of the week
- Austria moves to formally ban Erdogan from campaigning on its soil
- Nord Stream 2 official: We see a lot of smokescreens thrown around
- Irish referendum could allow voting abroad, following 23 EU countries
- French farmers seek expert advice on going digital
- Recyclables must be collected separately for circular economy to succeed, says panel