- Start Date: Mid-May
- Job Type: Full-time or Part-time (40 hours or 32 hours per week)
- Duration: 6 Months
- Based: Leiden, Netherlands
ISSA is a membership association, which serves as learning community for quality and equity for all young children and their families.
This opening is an exciting opportunity for a communications, media or journalism graduate to gain experience in the nonprofit sector. We are looking for a skilled storyteller who can develop compelling messages that can promote ISSA’s mission and achievements. This intern will work directly with the Communications & Campaigns Officer. We aim to help broaden the experience and portfolio of the successful intern. They will be expected to take on a variety of responsibilities including contributing to ISSA’s social media and website content, drafting press releases, working with the media and monitoring the web for news relevant to ISSA’s work.
Please consider the eligibility requirements when applying.
The Communications Intern will be supervised by the Communications & Campaigns Officer. The intern will:
- Strengthen ISSA’s presence on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn
- Support ISSA’s blog content and update ISSA’s websites
- Support the Communications team in the creation of various communications publications
- Assist the Communications team in media outreach campaigns concerning ISSA’s mandate
- Draft press releases and special reports for publication
- Assist in drafting the annual report, leaflets, newsletters and/or other organizational materials for publication
- Assist in the communications surrounding ISSA Conference 2017
- Increase overall public awareness of ISSA and their member organizations
- Compile desk research as needed
- Varied administrative duties when required
A reimbursement of 700 EUR per month calculated on a full time scale. ISSA is committed to working with interns to develop and reach personal goals. Interns are encouraged to work alongside the ISSA staff to build on their writing skills and portfolio, take an active interest in learning about the successful management of communications campaigns and increase their understanding of the nonprofit sector. Please include such interests in your cover letter.
To be eligible you must:
- Have an interest in the communications/social media/journalism or public relations field
- Be fully committed to the vision and mission of ISSA
- Have excellent writing skills
- Have an excellent command of written and spoken English
- Have proven experience with social media posting
- Be a graduate level student or recent graduate
- Experience with the Adobe Package is desirable
- Experience in the nonprofit sector is desirable
- Understanding of issues of early childhood development, education and/or membership organizations would be advantageous
The International Step by Step Association (ISSA) is a vibrant international network that connects professionals and non-profit organizations working in the field of early childhood development. Established in the Netherlands in 1999, ISSA’s community today stretches across the globe with more than 70 member organizations coming from close to 40 countries, primarily located in Europe and Central Asia. In addition to providing capacity building and networking opportunities to its members, ISSA also offers a range of services and resources to other stakeholders, increasingly acting as a broader platform for early childhood education and care. With a yearly budget of over 1.5 million Euros, ISSA’s operations are carried out through its programmatic and networking activities, with an emerging social enterprise division to generate unrestricted income from sales. More information about ISSA can be found at: www.issa.nl.
How to apply
Applications should be sent online via this form https://issanl.wufoo.com/forms/communications-internship-application/. All applicants will receive an acknowledgment of receipt but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted in the course of the selection process. Application Deadline: 15 April, 2017
ISSA is an equal opportunity employer, which supports diversity and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ethnicity, nationality, gender, age, disability or sexual orientation.
Job of the week
- Austria moves to formally ban Erdogan from campaigning on its soil
- Nord Stream 2 official: We see a lot of smokescreens thrown around
- Irish referendum could allow voting abroad, following 23 EU countries
- French farmers seek expert advice on going digital
- Recyclables must be collected separately for circular economy to succeed, says panel