The European Society of Cardiology (ESC) is one of the leading international medical membership organisations in the world. A not-for-profit organization, ESC represents over 90,000 cardiology professionals, principally from across Europe and the Mediterranean basin, but also from the rest of the world. The ESC provides an array of educational and scientific activities, such as the continuous updating and production of Clinical Practice Guidelines, the organisation of educational courses and initiatives and run pan-European surveys on specific disease areas. The ESC also edits and publishes 9 of the world's leading journals on cardiology. In conjunction with its constituent bodies, the ESC holds regular subspecialty congresses, which are becoming increasingly popular within the profession. It also organises the annual ESC Congress, the largest medical meeting in Europe.
The ESC is looking for a talented Certification & Assessment Processes Manager H/ F for a permanent contract, CDI .
The successful candidate will be employed on a permanent basis :
at the European Heart House located in the south of France near Nice, in the science park Sophia Antipolis
at the European Heart House located in Belgium, at the Brussels bureau.
Major duties and responsibilities :
EEGC – European Exam General Cardiology
- Manage the programme from A to Z, with the Head of Department for the political component.
- From the kick off meeting at ESC Congress, to following up the registration phases with the national societies and Pearson Vue (booking of test centre seats).
- Support of the MCQ groups for the development of the exam (writing group, selection, standard setting and board meeting with HOD)
Development of subspecialty exams
- Take the orders from the Certification Production Supervisor
- Provide elements to the Production Supervisor for integration in the production plan
- Address production related issues with Supervisor.
- Support respective committees in the development of their exams, depending on the level of maturity and support required.
- Engage with external experts where relevant (validation of psychometric analysis, development of new qualifications, description of purpose etc).
ESC MCQ Database
- Keeper of the MCQ database for all the areas of study
- Perform gap analysis
- Performance and usage analysis of items in the bank
- Preparation of meetings in the tool for the various stages of development
- Support and training to new comers
- Liaise with supplier in case of bugs and future developments
Task Force Certification of the ESC Education Committee
- Manage task force with Head of Department
- Regular phone conferences and possible meetings to be organized and delivered
‘Market-minding’ – seek best practices and standards in knowledge based assessment and skills assessment
- Attend relevant professional conferences.
- Network with sister societies and experts in.
- Support the development of assessment mechanisms in educational programmes (formative assessment for CPD programme – Continuing Professional Development)
- Contribute to Education Team reporting activity
- Reporting for each exam delivered, including post exam closing report
- Support to Education Team for organisation of education committee meeting and other relevant events such as the Education Conference, ESC Congress, etc.
- Take part in regular team meetings
- Experiences in Exams, Assessment or MCQ management
- Statistics / metrics oriented
- Good writing skills (typos corrections, graphic chart, publications, reporting…)
- Technology tools / Systems oriented
- Bilingual in English (native level)
- Professional maturity
- Force of proposal
- Sense of organization and planification
- Good communication skills (presentation during conferences, …)
- Team spirit
Please send your CV and cover letter at firstname.lastname@example.org
Job of the week
- Austria moves to formally ban Erdogan from campaigning on its soil
- Nord Stream 2 official: We see a lot of smokescreens thrown around
- Irish referendum could allow voting abroad, following 23 EU countries
- French farmers seek expert advice on going digital
- Recyclables must be collected separately for circular economy to succeed, says panel