Account Executive in Public Affairs, Energy
Account Executive in Public Affairs, Energy
The Brussels office of FleishmanHillard has an immediate opening for an energetic, self-starting juniorpublic affairs and communications professional with 1 to 2 years of relevant experience to join our established Energy Team. Our eight strong Brussels Energy Team works with clients in the oil and gas, utilities and renewables industries; specifically, we advise these clients on the implications of EU public policy for their organisations, and develop and implement advocacy and communication strategies tohelp them enhance their positioning. As part of a wider team we collaborate with colleagues across the office on their specific areas of expertise including manufacturing and industrials, financial services and technology, and we work with colleagues in other FleishmanHillard offices across the Europe, Middle East and Africa region as well as with key offices around the world.
The main responsibilities of this position include:
- Supporting other members of the energy practice in servicing our client base in this sector
- Contributing to the implementation of public affairs and communications programmes
- Providing regular policy monitoring and political intelligence services to our clients in support of their public affairs and communications programmes
- Assisting in the implementation of outreach programmes towards the European institutions
- Assisting in outreach to stakeholders and the media
- Proactively networking through attending relevant events
Experience & skills required:
Candidates will have a first working experience relating to communications, ideally with some experience or interest in the energy sector or energy issues. This experience should ideally be acquired working with the EU institutions, EU trade associations, in-house or through a communications consultancy.
The successful candidate will have:
- Background in European Union energy policy
- Work experience in a professional services firm is an advantage and/or a client oriented environment
- Ideally the candidate will have experience in translating political and policy initiatives into relevant advice for clients
- Knowledge of EU institutions and policymaking process with previous EU institutional experience an advantage
- Excellent writing skills
- Excellent research skills
- Excellent communication skills and networking ability
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines and work in a team
- Fluency in English and one other European Union language
- Proficient in most common business software applications
Our philosophy hinges on supportive team working and we look for individuals who are motived by the opportunity to be part of a market-leading, high caliber and culturally rich group. FleishmanHillard’s reputation for quality, creativity, and results is what distinguishes us in our market.
If you are qualified and interested in this opportunity please send your CV (Europass cv’s are not accepted) and motivation letter via our website: http://fleishmanhillard.com/careers/.
FleishmanHillard is the world’s most complete global communications firm, specializing in public relations, public affairs, marketing, paid media, and transmedia and social content. FleishmanHillard delivers on The power of true, reflecting the firm’s high values and unique ability to guide clients through a world demanding unprecedented authenticity and transparency. FleishmanHillard was named “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s 2013 A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for 2010-2013; Advertising Age’s 2012 “Best Places to Work”; and The Holmes Report’s 2012 Global “Public Affairs Agency of the Year.” The firm’s award-winning work is widely heralded, including at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. FleishmanHillard is part of Diversified Agency Services, a division of Omnicom Group Inc., and has more than 80 offices in 29 countries, plus affiliates in 42 countries. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com.
Diversified Agency Services (DAS), a division of Omnicom Group Inc. (NYSE:OMC) (www.omnicomgroup.com), manages Omnicom’s holdings in a variety of marketing communications disciplines. DAS includes over 200 companies, which operate through a combination of networks and regional organizations, serving international and local clients through more than 700 offices in 71 countries.
Omnicom Group Inc. (www.omnicomgroup.com) is a leading global marketing and corporate communications company. Omnicom’s branded networks and numerous specialty firms provide advertising, strategic media planning and buying, digital and interactive marketing, direct and promotional marketing, public relations and other specialty communications services to over 5,000 clients in more than 100 countries.
FleishmanHillard is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. FleishmanHillard does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where FleishmanHillard does business. Our policy is to employ, advance, and reasonably accommodate all qualified employees and applicants.
Job of the week
28 Mar 2017
29 Mar 2017
05 Apr 2017
06 Apr 2017
06 Apr 2017