EUROCITIES is the network of major European cities. We bring together the local governments of more than 140 large cities in over 30 European countries.
We influence and work with the EU institutions to respond to common issues that impact the day-to-day lives of Europeans. Our aim is to shape the opinions of stakeholders in Brussels to ultimately shift legislation in a way that helps city governments address the EU's strategic challenges at the local level. A large part of our work is aimed at reinforcing the role and place that local government should have in a multi-level governance structure.
Job of the week
- Coherent approach needed on visa liberalisation (Opinion)
- Wishful thinking will not make European energy affordable (Opinion)
- MEPs give a conditional go-ahead to talks on EU-US trade deal (News)
- Leaders hesitate between common EU response and ‘silver bullets’ on energy (News)
- Iceland's new leaders to halt EU accession talks pending referendum (News)