EurActiv was set up in 1999. It now involves circa 35 persons, plus subcontractors and partners' staff in Europe. Together with this extended team, ca 60 people contribute to the EurActiv brand. The team EurActiv brings together the skills of professionals with experience in EU affairs, journalism, information and communication as well as Internet technology. For its content, EurActiv relies not only on its own editorial team but also on numerous content partnerships, as well as links to the national press and the EU institutions.
EurActiv is independent. It is not another website of the EU institutions but complements websites like Europa by focusing on non-institutional EU Actors too. In order to provide free services and ensure independence, EurActiv's services are financed from four sources (corporate sponsoring, EurActor membership, online advertising and EU projects).
Job of the week
Jobs from StepStone
- Coherent approach needed on visa liberalisation (Opinion)
- Time to shake off the gloom: Europe matters (Opinion)
- Friedbert Pflüger: Climate change is no longer the EU’s only priority (Interview)
- Germany's unfair practice in the field of energy intensive industries (Opinion)
- Van Rompuy seeks tax compromise by imposing deadline (News)