CESI - European Confederation of Independent Trade Unions
The European Confederation of Independent Trade Unions (CESI – Confédération européenne des syndicats indépendants)is a European umbrella organisation, with members from EU - member states and associated countries.
CESI is not attached to any political party and defends trade union pluralism on a European level.
Through its member organisations, CESI represents approximately 8 million employees.
CESI champions better living and working conditions, as well as the progress of Europe’s social dimension.
Job of the week
- EU pushes for 2017 conclusion to free trade talks with Japan
- Hollande calls Versailles mini-summit on the future of the EU
- Turkey’s pro-Kurdish opposition appeals to European court over detentions
- Le Pen’s headquarters raided by police in EU parliament jobs probe
- EU and Russia at loggerheads over Ukraine separatist passports